My Learning Rocks Update

My Learning ROCKS in Rochester Schools: We have 221 students using My Learning Rocks on a regular basis. The students taking part in My Learning Rocks will be a step ahead starting in the Fall. There are many fun and interesting activities.

Go to www.rochesterschools.com, and click on Rochester My Learning Rocks. Click on Log In at the upper right hand corner. Each school has open lab times. Look for times available at this link https://rochesterschools.edublogs.org/, or contact your child’s school. If you have not yet created a user account, please contact Audra Lurvey for an Enrollment Key. Most students have already finished this step. Username: lastname.firstinitial Password: student ID which can be found on your report card. It is also your lunch number. If you need help getting connected please use the contact information below. Contact : Audra Lurvey lurvey.a@rochesterschools.com or 332-3678 between 8 a.m and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
Tuning your ROCKS account for Email Service at Home Your ROCKS teachers would love to be able to communicate with you and your child via email as they participate in My Learning ROCKS this summer! If you would like to get e-mail notifications from the teacher, we will need you to enter your e-mail address in your child’s ROCKS profile page. Also, ROCKS uses “Moodle Messages” for quick messages within ROCKS between the teacher and student. We have a couple of settings you can do to make both of these features work better with your home email. Setting up your home email 1. After logging in, on the left side of your screen you will find the “Settings” block. Select “My Profile Settings” and then “Edit Profile”. Clear out the generic, non-functioning email account that is there and enter your home e-mail address. This address is where emails and messages will go to so you can decide which account (yours or your child’s) that should be. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Update Profile”. Setting up Moodle Message for screen prompts 2. Under “Settings”, select “Messaging” and find the settings for Personal messages between users. Scroll down to find the check boxes for When I’m logged in and When I’m off-line. Choose the first click boxes for Popup notification. Again, scroll to the bottom and click “Update Profile”. You are now ready to receive e-mails and messages from teachers and your Moodle Messages will pop up on the screen in ROCKS. Go to www.rochesterschools.com, and click on Rocks.