Gonic School

We have sent out the Honeywell Instant Alert for school cancellation at Gonic School for December 11, 2107.  There is still snow on the back roof.  Based on the recommendation of the structural engineers, we are worried about students in the building with any snow load on the roof.

Rochester Child Care will be available for daytime care tomorrow, if your child goes to before or after school care with them.  Drop off is at the back of the Community Center between the Head Start and Health and Human Services Staff entrance.

I will have additional updates later this evening.

20 thoughts on “Gonic School

1. So does that mean they only go to school Tuesday this week? Will the Christmas concerts still happen?

2. The concert will happen, even if we have to cancel school at Gonic on Tuesday. If the entire district closed, no concert. The school will send out more information.

3. Is the childcare at the rec center only for children who already currently go to before/after care? If not, what is the price per child per day?

4. I have high anxiety about this! I need to know whats going on. I feel unsafe for my child to go back to the gonic school. Should i put in a transfer for her?

5. The plan is move all K to 2 students into the older section, then repair the new section. The grade 3 to 5 students will be at RMS. We canceled for tomorrow to ensure their safety.

6. Will this week off change the students end of year time or will this be forgiven?

With snow expected for Tuesday, when will the decision be made about school?

Where will the remaining Gonic kids have gym, indoor recess, meals and jump rope club?

Thank you for keeping us notified and answering questions promptly. I’m sure this has been quite messy to deal with!

7. Will this week off change the students end of year time or will this be forgiven?

With snow expected for Tuesday, when will the decision be made about school? Gonic School will probably end the same time as other schools. We exceed the number of hours required and do even with the days missed. That will be finally decided at a later date.

Where will the remaining Gonic kids have gym, indoor recess, meals and jump rope club? We should have information on that Wednesday night or on the blog on Wednesday.

8. Will the concert still be on tomorrow if the whole district is canceled for the day due to the storm?

9. My child was ill and we could not get to the tour of RMS today. What can you do to accommodate? With no academics this week what can you do to accommodatel my child to receive extra help?