June 16, 2017 Graduation

We have decided to move graduation inside to the Community Center for tonight June 16, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.  The forecast, which may be wrong, shows heavy rain showers from 5 to 8 p.m.  There is a chance these could include thunder and lighting.  I don’t believe it would be a good idea to have everyone outside in this type of weather.  The doors to the gym will open at 5:00 p.m.

Each graduate has been give seven tickets, since seating is restricted in the community center.  The weather should be cooler this evening, so it will not be as uncomfortable inside as it could be.  This will be the second inside event, since we moved outside eleven years ago.

I strongly support the ceremony being outside, and will continue to push the limits of weather.  The key issue is that all of the weather forecasts I have looked at, show heavy rain during the ceremony.

Thanks,

Mike

2 thoughts on “June 16, 2017 Graduation

1. I just look at several weather forecast and they are now saying light rain and only up to .03in of rain.

2. Unfortunately we had to decide earlier so we could have the inside venue setup. It does look like it might break up before getting to the Seacoast.